Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Yellow Subarmine is packed...it's time...seriously.

I remember the first thought I had about getting out of NYC and moving to Nantucket, it feels like yesterday I over analyzed the situation (for those of you who don't know me...I am a calculate risk taker- aka risk adverse). The time has passed so quickly between finding a job, settling housing issues and resigning from my job in NYC (during a freakin recession...maybe I am more of a risk taker than I know!!!).

So the yellow submarine (aka the car) is packed with way too many clothes for my new lifestyle, but maybe I can't quite leave all of NYC behind (although I am leaving behind my Christian Louboutin's...I mean blue suede shoes on Nantucket are like whale pants in Tribeca)...Maddy is packed with her food, toys and yet she is wearing her staple "suitcase" look tonight (anyone that has ever had a golden knows the "suitcase" look...the how could you be leaving me behind look)...Maddy has spent 5 years traveling with me (SF, NYC, ACK, x-country, VT) and the "suitcase" look still exists...she is going to dog heaven (not literally)- town, lots of other awesome dogs, beaches...did I mention the beach...seriously what a life for a dog!!!

Let the journey begin...seriously, it's time. I'll be blogging from the beach...serioulsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment