Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tom Colicchio is the best...seriously!

Ah what a day at William Sonoma (WS) yesterday...I "heart" tom colicchio.

So despite the rain outside and Tom's recently operated on knee, he made it to the WS at Columbus circle last night for his book signing. He was such an amazingly nice guy, very chatty...despite having a huge ice pack strapped to his knee by a prep cook from WS. He chatted a little with everyone...he allowed all cell-phones and cameras to snap away at him (despite the witchy woman from WS telling everyone in the line he doens't want pictures...ummm I don't think Tom really cares Ms. WS...so back off!).

So...this is the first book signing I have ever been to in NYC (I know gasp...since they happen all the time), I guess I never really liked anyone enough to go? It's one of the more awkward things though...its an organized shuffle of people...there were 4 (yes 4) checkpoints of WS people making sure that your post-it note with what you wanted Tom to sign (which was only a personilaztion of a name) were in the right spot in the book, and IF and when you got by those people a WS employee grabbed your books (most people had 3-4 signed) and organized them in such a way that all Tom would have to do was lower his pen and touch the page....seriously?! Then like a manufacturing line we all moved one stop to the right, didn't make eye contact with anyone and said thank you sir for signing my book...again, I mean seriously?!

The funniest part about it, Tom was so casual and laid back...he didn't care if the books came in an organized stack or a disaray (mine of course had no organization to them by the time I got in front of Tom). I apologized for the disaster that I was and he laughed and said I like chaos, its a good thing. ( I swear in my head that he smiled and winked at me, LOL probably not though, maybe he even asked me out...oh nope dreaming again!)

Ah anyways...so WS don't be so uptight with such cool people at your store...just let him do his thing, oh and if someone asks him to sign one of his older books, let him sign it, don't make them buy the new book for him to sign.

I "heart" Tom Collichio, he was cooler in person than I could have imagined (and I thought he was pretty freaking cool and kinda of a stud before)...seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment