Friday, April 3, 2009

Stop the Anger in NYC...seriously.


Why is there so much anger amongst people (and apparently birds that fly into plane engines) in NYC...seriously?

I have my own theories about this, but I think some of the NY'er anger comes from etiquette issues (not only @ the gym, but don't get me started on that again...please people don't sweat all over the machine and then not clean it...seriously!) So today (on Jason's 30tht birthday...yes you old man) I am dedicating my blog to making NYC a less angry place...

I would be less angry on the subway if...
1. People didn't eat soup next to me on the subway. (I think its disgusting that you eat on the subway to begin with, but hot soup, really...can you really not wait til you get home?)
2. People said excuse me when trying to get off at their stop. (You don't need to push and yell)
3. Girls didn't talk about their sex life at volume level MAX at 8:30AM on the subway or the bus or the street corner. (I don't care what you did with who and I don't want details about well, anything)
4. Couples didn't suck on each others ears when the subway is packed like sardines. (this happens more often than not and I am not against PDA but I am against ear sucking...c'mon...grab her ass or whatever, but not ear sucking!)
5. Men didn't knock over people to get the next available seat from a woman. (manners boys!)
6. Gov. Patterson didn't raise my monthly unlimited metrocard pass...seriously gov, WTF? It's not like the seats or the smells are that great.

Now separate from the subway...I would be less angry in NYC if...
1. People could figure out how to avoid poking people's eyes out with their umbrella when walking on the sidewalk. Listen...we all know it rains in NYC, its a fact that we have to deal with but in order to prevent injury lift your umbrella up or move it down to avoid making eye contact with other pedestrians (LIKE ME!).

Ok so...what would make you less angry...seriously?!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah...I have you tell you your blogs are what get me through the day! Keep them up especially in Nantucket...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mal!!! I promise to keep the blogs coming...:)

    ReplyDelete