Sunday, April 5, 2009

"How I Met Your Mother" has entered our day to day conversations...seriously?













I had a "legendary" night out on Saturday (yes I am being liberal with the word), but it was a fun night. Dinner was amazing...I highly recommend Lima's Taste (Christopher & Bedford) and their pisco sours (sounds kinda gross, so don't ask what is in it)...yum and wow you start to get the spins so drink slowly. The funniest part of the night though was when we got to the bar and I overheard two different groups of people making references to How I Met Your Mother. I mean the show is now officially part of our culture (finally made it to Seinfeld, Friends status!)...the Barney's bracket challenge story of the night is best....this guy who was pretty cute (and did look like a womanizer) was getting texts from some random girl...he kept saying to his friends..."who is Molly??" to which his friends responded...what's the area code? when was the last time you hooked up and rolled over and said who are you? do you think she is that blond from Dorians?...lord boys, your girlfriend in the group is right...time to start your bracket challenge..."suit up"...seriously?!

The other reference was so simple, but great...when the girl looked at her friends and simply said...MacLaren's, lets go to MacLaren's and they all said oh MacLarens....ugh wouldn't that be great....seriously?!

3 comments:

  1. I just started watching How I met your mother a couple months ago. I just TIVO whatever episode is on. I started quoting Ted's statement of "Vomit free since '93" except substituting other things besides vomit. If you've seen that episode it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! You will start quoting it all the time! My favorites are..."Nothing good ever happens before 2AM" I mean, its true!! The other one is "I'm too old to..." from Murtaugh episode, watch that if you can...one of the best of this season!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a Pisco Sour yesterday and stumbled across your blog today. Pisco is a Grape Liquor (from Peru and Chile). And the "Sour" is added with egg white, powdered sugar and lemon.

    Salud(os) desde Chile!

    And: Nothing good happens before(?) 2 AM? Do I read a little twist to the original line here? Enjoy the night then...

    ReplyDelete