Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ex's...seriously?!

Ok so last night's How I Met Your Mother was a repeat, but a good one nonetheless...Ted and Stella's wedding date was excelerated due to extremely "unique" circumstances (hilarious) and the questions that made for the premise of the show was...do you invite an ex to your wedding? Now I know there is THAT ex for everyone...ya know the one that first broke your heart and then second ripped it out and then later on continued to stomp on it, just cause they knew they could...I mean seriously?!

Well so there in itself is the debate...is there an ex that you would invite to your wedding? Now I think we need some parameters...

1. The ex cannot simply be a friend that you had a one night drunk fling with and then went back to being friends.
2. The ex must have been someone that you were seriously at one point or another in love with (Like Ted was with Roin)

So...would you SERIOUSLY invite them to your wedding? I am actually friends with almost all of my ex's but I can honestly say there is at least one that I could never invite, maybe two...but what would you do if your partner (ie. Stella) said no you can't invite them...also similarly when Emily tells Ross he can't invite Rachel to his wedding...now in all fairness Ross did say "I take thee Rachel..." so maybe Emily had a point!

I think its an interesting discussion....any thoughts...seriously?

1 comment:

  1. I just watched this on my Tivo yesterday. I think the problem is with TV versus real life. Any ex of which I was that in love with, may still be my "friend" ie. a person I care about or occasionally talk to, but they are not party of my everyday friends or new dating life. I try to stay out of that if either party is going to move on. But on TV they all still hang out at the coffee house/bar and see each other every day. Maybe this would be more applicable if you date one of your close friends to start with.

    ReplyDelete