Friday, April 17, 2009

the yankees...seriously

*picture is from the NY POST
Ok...the Yankees opened their new stadium yesterday (officially) and they lost (and not by a little)...now I know that Girardi said that one game won't make your season, but come on...we are the New York Yankees and we always win when the game matters (except of course in 2004 when we lost games 4, 5, 6, and yup 7 to the Red Sox...but seriously I try to forget about that year and the day they signed Arod).

For everyone who does not know...I am a die hard sports fan, but baseball (the Yankess) is my true passion, its in my blood (as much as the Italian craziness). So let's start by giving a high five to Jorge Posada for his HR (cause let's face it no one wanted Arod to hit the first HR in the new stadium, well except maybe management and some stupid sports people)...Posada and Jeter, the two classiest guys in baseball, actually even a Red Sox fan that was over here with me yesterday said he couldn't agree more (so there, its not just me).

Ok let me vent (other Yankee fans know that you will agree on 1 or 2 below, I'll settle for one)...now here are my issues:
1. Not living in NYC anymore I don't get the YES network and therefore do not get the Yankee games...all I get day in and day out is the stupid Red Sox games...ARGH, yes I am very bitter...so everyone I need game updates this season.
2. Joel Sherman's article in the post today is about how "muted" the new stadium is and that heckling or cheering cannot be heard...ummm I am sorry, what??! To know that it sounded dead silent when CC had 2 strikes and 2 out is wrong on so many levels...seriously. Your fans are your home field advantage, if you can't hear your fans then you have no advantage!!!!!!!! (Hank and Hal, you could learn something from this...seriously). After 4 years at ND football games and basketball games, I know what a stadium should feel like...even when ND is losing (which is often these days) the stadium rocks with noise...so Yankee stadium with no noise, LAME...I guess I will have to wait and see for myself in October, although if Arod comes back there will probably be no October for us, damn curse...seriously.
3.The last and biggest issue...AROD, AFRAUD, MR SPRING TRAINING, MR APRIL...whatever you call him these days, I cannot stand him...he is the curse of this team, which should probably be spelt teARODm...from his "I'm too good looking and bi-racial" comment to dating Madonna to calling Jeter a "non-threat"...why Mr. Steinberner, why...seriously?! No one else wanted him a year ago and you picked him up again...WHY?! So that he could finally confirm that he had been taking tic-tacs for 8 years while breaking all his records, in the words of a good friend...puhllllease. If Arod is done for the season I can go back to being a happy Yankee fan and only have 2 issues...ahh that would be nice.

Lastly for you loyal NY sports fans does anyone know why Joel Sherman (who is my favorite sports writer in NY) has changed his tone when writing for the Yankees? My theory is that they are screwing him for asking a tough question of Arod at his "press conference" (I prefer to call it drama 101 with no questions...PITIFUL, seriously)...Joel I hope you keep asking Arod the tough questions, we deserve to know...seriously!

And as always...GO YANKEES.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I just saw the link here from Pete Abe's LoHud blog. I love your thoughts on A-Rod, couldn't agree more with most of them. He's always been much more of a playboy than a player. What's more depressing that he's on our team now is that he'll still be on our team when he's in his early 40's. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize that if ARod is done for the year, that means you get 150 games out of Cody Ransom hitting below his weight? Bitch about ARod's purple lips, but appreciate that he's still the best hitter in the AL, and know that as a Yanks fan, you'll be watching the Sox play in October again if he doesn't come back at full strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about it, I hate the fact that the only baseball on tv is the sawks. YES needs to venture east of CT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Cody Ransom is not hitting very well at this moment, BUT neither is Mark Teixeira, and Ransom is A LOT LESS EXPENSIVE (ok i know you asked specifically about Arod)...and Ransom's batting average is still higher than Arod's in October...I am in favor of giving Ransom a chance...like Gardner. And I do disagree, I do not think Arod is the best of anything, and what happens now that he isn't on the juice??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give me a game of cricket any day.

    http://peterrabot.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-murder-duck-and-brand.html

    ReplyDelete