Tuesday, November 9, 2010

If I Knew Then What I Know Now...SERIOUSLY.

It’s that common phrase that we have all used, seriously…it’s in movies, in song lyrics and it’s in probably a lot of everyday conversation that we have or overhear, so…

If I knew then what I know now…I would have eaten all my brussel sprouts instead of sitting at the table in utter agony while my mom cleaned the kitchen and turned out all the lights on me staring at my plate of greens. Now I ask for seconds of them at dinner, who knew? Seriously…

If I knew then what I know now…I would have said yes when my dad asked if I wanted to take a sip of his once a year Coors Light that he would drink instead of my “eww dad, beer?”

If I knew then what I know now…I would have stayed home more on Friday & Saturday nights to hang out with my family, whether it was Notre Dame games or 48 hours. I always thought there was more time to spend with them all.

If I knew then what I know now…I would have been excited about long runs at lacrosse practice. But seriously who knew I’d want to run a half-marathon before I turned 30?

If I knew then what I know now…I wouldn’t have wasted time applying anywhere else but Notre Dame. Go Irish!

If I knew then what I know now…I wouldn’t have dated him, not for a day, not for a week, not for a year. He did make me a stronger person, but wow what a waste of time and damn my roommates were right, again…

If I knew then what I know now…speaking of my roommates, I wouldn’t have overreacted to my college roommates simple request about needing my stuff out of the apartment…to this day I love them, but man what a fight.

If I knew then what I know now…I would never have agreed to a case race, I swear I was led blindly down that path. Seriously…no idea J

If I knew then what I know now…I would have said yes, who knows where I’d be today, but sometimes no is the easier answer.

If I knew then what I know now…I wouldn’t have had Southern Comfort at Finnigans with the Lafayette crew on my 21st birthday…I would have had Patron.

If I knew then what I know now…I would have lived in Chicago a little bit longer and enjoyed the extended college life. I miss college now, seriously…where did it go and when can I get college back?

If I knew then what I know now…I would have stayed at Sam Adams for a little bit longer. I would have maybe lived in San Francisco for longer…god knows some of my closest friends are there and it’s the home of R Bar and Vertigo…enough said.

If I knew then what I know now…I would have trusted my real girlfriends more and would have ignored the “user” girls that were afraid my guy friends. Seriously…almost 30 years for me to know girlfriends can be great?? WOW…weird.

If I knew then what I know now…I would have enjoyed NYC instead of being a workaholic. Oh and I probably would have hung out at Wine & Roses more often…or at least long enough to see if I could have another iPhone stolen on video by the trench coat man!

If I knew then what I know now…I would have called him back and told him that I loved him.

If I knew then what I know now…I would have had the conversation, yes I would have had it, but it’s still easier not to despite what you outsiders all think…seriously it’s NOT FUN!

If I knew then what I know now…I would have walked away when my friends told me to. Ok, that’s a lie, If I knew then, what I know now I would have done everything exactly the same, yup exactly even the terrible ending.

If I knew then what I know now…I would have quit my job in NYC and moved to Nantucket to start my own business and then I would have launched my business in Aspen. Seriously…can’t think you made a mistake with everything.

If I knew then what I know now…I would have listened to my mom, after all, she is always right…seriously.

Share your “If I knew then, what I know now”…I know you have more than one, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment