Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Getting Too Old For This Stuff....seriously?!


Ok so no this is not a "How I Met Your Mother" blog or an update on the show...this is more that the show inspired this blog entry...although I of course do love that show. Quick background on the inspiration the show was based upon the Murtaugh list (Roger Murtagh from Lethal Weapon)...this list was created by Ted (of course) of things that he was too old to do once he hit 30...the list included beer bongs, all-nights, raves, etc. Anyways so I thought a lot about this phrase "I'm too old for this [stuff]" (stuff was of course initially a curse word...it was Lethal Weapon after all)...and here is my blog entry about "I am too old for this stuff" (please leave any comments, additional I'm too old for this stuff...my major issue is that I don't think I am too old for a lot of stuff (yes, its called Peter Pan syndrome, I know).

I'm too old to...roll out of bed and continue to binge drinking from the night before (expect at ND football games)
I'm too old for...driving my car with the music blaring so that everyone walking can hear what Bon Jovi song I am listening to. (shout out to the jerz)
I'm too old to....shop at Abercrombie. (i like their jeans and tanks, but the store is just too loud)
I'm too old to...sleep on peoples couches when I travel. (although I will be doing some couch surfing this summer...but i have to)
I'm too old for...keg and case races. (this is not asking for a challenge, I couldn't do them when I was 21 so now is not any different.)
I'm too old to...be scared of my mom. (ummm yeah I don't think I will ever be too old for that)
I'm too old to...wear a boa as an accessory to any party. (yeah right, i heart the boa)

and finally....

I'm too old to...quit my job and move to Nantucket for the summer and then move again to ski for the winter...UMMM I AM NOT TOO OLD FOR THAT.

Bottom line (same as Ted's realization)...are we ever really too old, seriously?!

4 comments:

  1. You are never too old. Supposedly, we are still too young, as apparantly, 40 is the new 20... so you have another 10+ years until you are "just the right age."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's get this straight, you are NEVER too old to couch surf. Also, where are you couch surfing this Summer? (and can I go?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay out of the Nantucket sun and you'll age slowly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. couch surfing on Nantucket...hell yeah, good times!! It will only coast me a bottle of patron! :-)

    And Peter...you stop that crazy talk.

    ReplyDelete